This is DEVONthink, without the author knowing it!

Robert, DT will support OPML in a future release.  OPML is the Outline Processor Markup Language, a "format that allows exchange of outline-structured information between applications running on different operating systems and environments."  (opml.scripting.com/).  OmniOutliner supports the import of OPML, as does CircusPonies’ NoteBook.  (I’m not sure about AquaMinds’ NoteTaker.)  The graphical mind mapping software "NovaMind" will support OPML soon, according to its developer.  NovaMind also supports export to Keynote, btw.

OPML support is a highly anticipated feature in DT.  With it, one will be able string together DT with a number of generalized or specialized knowledge management and creativity applications,  thus creating a customized suite.

I dream of exporting information from DT, structuring it in NoteBook (or OO), then graphing it in NovaMind, then exporting to Keynote.  Soon…

That’s good news, thanks! It’s off-topic here I know, but I just wish Omni Outliner would support Keynote format directly - what we need is to be able to take a keynote presentation and continue to edit it in OO without losing the formatting we’ve already done. That would make my life a great deal easier! Apple could just add a decent outliner directly to Keynote, but I hope they resist and integrate OO into the workflow instead.

Has anyone here tried Takashi T. Hamada’s [color=Blue]FO simple outliner?  Someone mentions how they’re using it with DEVONthink in [color=Teal]this comment on VersionTracker.

Robert,

support for OPML (which OmniOutliner can im- and export) will be part of v1.9. But except the tiny bug fix release 1.8.1a next week there will be no more updates before DT Pro will arrive. But v1.9 should still be available in Q2/04.