Timestamp and annotations at video files

First time here…sometime DVT user…but with the new DVT3 I’m already using wayyy a lot more! One question…I’m using the Annotations’s box inside Annotations and Reminders tab from a video file…mp4, for example…Is it possible to make a “timestamp” for the already “copy frame link” shortcut at menu context??

Something like this:

Thanks a lot!!

Welcome @leorassi

The link from Copy Frame Link can be pasted into an Annotation file, however it doesn’t currently show the time, just the document name.

It is also possible to use Edit > Paste & Match Style to paste the raw link.

Also, you could use our freeware WordService to install services like an option to insert a timestamp. This screencap shows all three options in use…

File%20Types%20%E2%80%94%20%2206%20Foolin'%22%20%5B00%3A04%3A34%5D%202019-05-19%2014-25-10

1 Like

Thanks @BLUEFROG! Didnt know about WordService…its cool…but the “timestamp” that I was referring is the “position” on the timeline of the video…like a perfect mix of the 3 ways… :slight_smile:

Is there someway possible to make a script to convert the raw link’s final (in your example:…?time=14.879038) and applied with the document name??

Because, If I didnt use Paste & Match Style for show the frame links, all my frame links will have the same name…

1 Like

Is there someway possible to make a script to convert the raw link’s final (in your example:… ?time=14.879038 ) and applied with the document name??

Possible? Sure, though it’s not necessarily trivial since this is RTF content.

Also bear in mind the text of the link would have to be modified independently of the URL. They aren’t related under-the-hood. For example, you could edit the text to be time=11 while the underlying URL could by pointing to time=52.

Now I see because its not necessarily trivial…probably I will need another approach…Any suggestion? My goal make all annotations on videos, for example, inside DVT3…and reference the time of a annotation at the timeline of the video is sometimes important to contextualize that thought. Thanks anyway for all the help!

You mean, like this…

File%20Types%20%E2%80%94%20%2206%20Foolin'%22%20%5B00%3A04%3A34%5D%202019-05-19%2018-29-10

:slight_smile:

1 Like

:star_struck: Yesssssssssssss…Please…How???

1 Like

The easiest solution might be to make the “Insert Back Link” command in the popup context-sensitive in beta 2, e.g. to insert a page or frame link in case of PDFs or videos.

4 Likes

That would be awesome!

1 Like

I guess that rendered my script useless. :slight_smile:

Sorry, had few minutes left today :slight_smile:

I really will like to see your script if you dont mind…just because I could learn a little bit more!! And really thank a lot for the effort!!! As always, you rock!! Sorry, you too @cgrunenberg!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello, Found this thread through search. I too am interested in a streamlined video timestamp link URL workflow.

There already exists a keyboard hotkey for item URL, Ctrl+CMD+Function+C, could there be a script that does the same for the video timestamp position which puts into the clipboard? I’m not fussed about formatting, the link itself is the first class citizen.

I will have to go through my archive and see what I can find.

1 Like

Thank you, Jim. Much appreciated :blush: Meanwhile I’m using my touchscreen device to manually press the cog wheel to get the link to paste.

I found this thread trying to look for something similar. Did you find a solution?

Not sure what you’re referring to.

@cgrunenberg made

So you should be able to insert a link with e.g. a video’s current time.

Does this not work for you?

You can by the way change the “Insert Back Link” shortcut in System Preferences Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts (Create keyboard shortcuts for apps on Mac - Apple Support)

Also stumbling upon this thread later and have the same question.

I think what @ashish was referring to was a quick way to access Copy Frame Link, at least that’s the same question I had having read through the thread to that point.

Inert Back Link with its shortcut is great when using the annotation inspector, but doesn’t help when writing in a separate application.

As was mentioned previously a shortcut along the lines of Copy Item Link, but for Copy Frame Link would be great. It could even be context sensitive and function for Copy Page Link when viewing a PDF, Copy Frame Link for a video etc.

1 Like