I just made the move from Evernote to DT3 Pro. I love everything about it on the Mac, but my issues come into play on DTTG on my iPhone Xs.
First, a bit of history…
- I only used Evernote as a digital file cabinet for PDF/JPG documents/receipts/etc.
- My whole library in Evernote was about 17k notes and about 12GB.
- In DT3, I have all of these notes in about 6 or so databases.
- I am using a local WebDAV server as my sync source (on a Synology NAS) but don’t open that up to the Internet so all syncing is done locally. I figured if I do get in a pinch, I can connect to my VPN on my phone and run a sync remotely, but that’s just in a pinch and I realize it will probably be pretty slow.
- I’ve set up DTTG using WebDAV just fine. I’ve disabled iCloud sync.
- My iPhone has 256GB and I have like 150GB available so I don’t even mind it having 12GB on my phone.
One of my favorite features of Evernote was being able to hop onto my phone, search and pull up literally any document in seconds.
Everything seems to run fast while syncing on DTTG, but no matter how long I babysit this thing (constantly goes to sleep so I have to keep waking it) I can’t get the process to fully finish. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app a few times with different options, but nothing I do helps it finish.
I’ve got the Pro Features purchased so I tried it both with Download Always and Download On Demand. I haven’t been able to get it to fully complete the sync with either. It’s just constantly indexing, generating previews, etc.
Is my library just too big for DTTG to work reliably?
Do you have any other options for allowing me to search and pull up documents while away from my Mac?
Thanks for your help!