Transclusion behavior on DTTG vs DEVONthink Pro 3

I have some short documents that I often transclude from other documents. I keep these in a single group in my database. In DEVONthink on the Mac, I can transclude those documents from any other document in the database, simply by referencing the name (e.g., by writing {{foo}} in a document to transclude the contents of document foo located in another group).

In DTTG (tested in 3.7.2), this does not seem to work. It only works if the transcluded document is in the same group as the document transcluding it. (So, writing {{foo}} in a given document doesn’t work unless there’s a document named foo in the same group.)

Some questions:

1. Is this the expected behavior, or have I done something in my configuration or databases that is making DTTG behave this way?
  2. Is there a setting in DTTG that will make it behave like DEVONthink Pro 3 on the Mac with respect to transclusion of documents from other groups?
  3. If the answer to question #2 is “no”, is it a goal for a future revision of DTTG to make it behave like DT, or should I file a feature request for this?

Thanks for raising the issue, transclusion should work the same in DTTG as DEVONthink on the Mac. I can reproduce the issue here and we will include a fix for the next update.

1 Like