trouble after leopard upgrade, DTPO1.5

I can not use dtpo text functions. When typing I get repeats like the following example:
1st letter: C DTPO outpus C
2nd letter: o DTPO then outputs CCo
3rd letter: s DTPO then outputs CCoCos and so on. Using delete gets more repeats as does copy and paste.

I cannot copy new textedit files from desktop to DTPO, nor use copy paste inside DTPO, nor export. They do not function.

There are probably other related anomalies but I can not use DTPO to find them under its current malfunctioning.

These are all new behaviors following a Leopard upgrade and a larger new Hard drive install by a computer tech. Prior to this DTPO worked flawlessly for me under system 10.4 I am using a 1st edition macbook pro 15" DTPO serial is auto entered after I downloaded and reinstalled 1.5 from your website.

That’s truly weird behavior. It’s certainly not the normal behavior of a Mac under OS X 10.5.1. I’ve never seen anything like that using DT Pro Office under Leopard.

Does the same thing happen when you try to type into a TextEdit document? My guess is that it does.

My initial guess was that the tech might have fiddled around with System Preferences settings, such as Universal Access and Keyboard settings. I tried playing with Sticky Keys and some other settings, but couldn’t quite reproduce what you reported. But I was able to combine some settings that would drive me nuts if I left them turned on. :slight_smile:

Another guess might be that there’s a clipboard utility on the computer that’s incompatible with Leopard.

Lots of possible variables: a bad download of DT Pro, a bad OS X installation, “old” software incompatible with Leopard, whatever.

Anyone else hazard a guess on what could cause the reported behavior?

[quote=“Bill_DeVille”]
That’s truly weird behavior. It’s certainly not the normal behavior of a Mac under OS X 10.5.1. I’ve never seen anything like that using DT Pro Office under Leopard.

Does the same thing happen when you try to type into a TextEdit document? My guess is that it does.

No, other text programs were normal. I have returned the machine to the tech for a go through to see if your other suggestions apply. Thanks. John