Two simultaneous sync methods, and mobile data, in DTTG

Is it generally OK to use Dropbox sync AND Bonjour sync in DEVONthink To Go? Any caveats?

For the Bonjour sync, my iMac is the ‘server’, and the iPhone is the client.

Also, in the case of the DTTG Dropbox syncing, does/can DEVONthink To Go use mobile data to do that sync (as opposed to just the home Wi-Fi network)? The reason I ask is that I can’t see any option in the iPhone settings to give DEVONthink To Go permission to use mobile data or not (DEVONthink To Go doesn’t appear under Settings > Mobile Data; and there’s no option to switch on ‘mobile data’ in Settings > DEVONthink, only a toggle switch for ‘Local Network’, which is on).

Yes.

Not AFAIK; I’ve got DTTG set up just as you describe.

It does for me; perhaps it appears when you first set up a cloud sync service?

Yes.

Well, it’s not there for me, though just about everything else is. As for ‘when I first set up a cloud sync service’, I’m not sure what you mean. The Dropbox sync is working in DTTG.

The Cellular Data switch is inserted by iOS into the app settings when the app tries to actually access mobile data. Do you find DEVONthink in Settings > Cellular?

I don’t know if it’s a location-based difference in UI nomenclature but there is no Settings > Cellular on my iPhone; it is instead Settings > Mobile Data, and as I say, DEVONthink was not listed under that.

But given your clue about “when the app tries to actually access mobile data” I provoked that scenario by turning Wi-Fi off, and then opening up DEVONthink To Go and refreshing the sync. And then hey presto, DEVONthink became listed under Settings > Mobile Data,

So, problem solved, I trust. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Blanc and @eboehnisch for your help.

1 Like

So it’s when you first use rather than when you first set up cloud sync. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback also from me. It was just a supicion that it might work that way. We’re just trying to guess what Apple’s UI designers were thinking :slight_smile: