Unable to download formatted notes in DTTG on iPhone and iPad

When I switched to DEVONthink I imported all my old Evernote files. Many of these had been pdfs but imported as formatted notes, which I could view fine on my Mac using DT3.

However, I’m unable to view the majority of them on my mobile devices. The screen says Formatted Note and gives me the option to download, but the download doesn’t happen (average file size around 3-4mb)

I’ve tried deleting the affected database on my mobile devices then resynching and also tried verify/repair on the database on mobile devices without success.

I am able to convert to pdf on DT3 and pdf is visible on DTTG after snyching.

Any ideas?

Welcome @SKR

Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.

Yes. It won’t let me copy the text but here is a screen grab:

More accurately, the EN data imported as a Group
containing two items; a formatted note and the pdf

Apologies for my lack of tech understanding.

I see an attachments folder in Global Inbox with lots of entries. Is this what is missing from DTTG?

The same note group exists in both DT (Mac) and DTTG (IOS)

This is off topic to the sync issue you’re reporting

This is a sync error showing there is missing transactional data which is likely the cause of being unable to download the file on demand.

In DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync : Locations, left-swipe the sync location and choose Verify Thoroughly.
Once it’s finished, a warning triangle will appear on the sync icon in the bottom toolbar. Touch the icon to see the results.

If errors continue to be reported… In DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync: Locations, tap the sync location, then left-swipe the database and choose Clean.

Check the sync icon in the bottom toolbar for a triangle. Tap the sync icon to see if the clean was successful. If it shows the sync data was successully cleaned, go back into the sync location and enable syncing it again.

I followed your instructions but the issue remained how it was before - able to view a list of items in the database but unable to download any formatted notes.

I’ve since reinstalled DTTG on my iPhone, synced a single database and am still getting the same issue.

Is it because the files are in formatted note format (although don’t know why they all are as they were nearly all added as pdf or html files)? If so, do I just need to manually convert each of them to pdf?

In DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Contact Us to start a support ticket. Please attach a screen capture of the Info for one of the prolematic files. Thanks.