Undo iCloud index Script (Unlink iCloud and DEVONthink)

Hi folks,

TLDR: How do I unconnect iCloud from DEVONthink again / undo the Index iCloud Script??? I don’t want iCloud documents to show up in DEVONthink anymore. If I delete the iCloud folder it would delete my entire iCloud, too!

Detailed explanation:
my idea of the Index iCloud-Script was, that it creates an index only.
Instead of that it downloaded (duplicated) all documents to DEVONthink and reuploaded them again (as iCloud is my SyncStorage). Now I found out, that removing data in DEVONthink deletes the document in iCloud. While this might be useful in some cases, this is not what I wanted to achieve with an index.

My main goal was to be able to search for documents within DEVONthink, even if they are on iCloud. This works so far, but the strong bond is too dangerous for me as I often have issues with databases suddenly not opening again or they need to be repaired and so on.

So I now have the question: How do I unconnect iCloud from DEVONthink again / undo the Index iCloud Script??? I don’t want iCloud documents to show up in DEVONthink anymore. If I delete the iCloud folder it would delete my entire iCloud, too!

Removing the Indexed parent group in DEVONthink will prompt you to choose an option when you empty the Trash. You’d choose Only in Database.

PS: unless you’ve dismissed warnings, you would still be asked to okay emptying the Trash When deleting items. This can be reset in Preferences > General.