Unexpected Search Results in DTTG

Please help me understand why my searching isn’t revealing what I’m looking for. I bought a new camera a few weeks ago, and am still learning the ins & outs of it, and today I wanted to look up the term “pre-shot”. I know for a fact that it exist and is discussed in the Owner’s Manual, as well as a 3rd party manual that I have, all of which I’ve added to my DEVONthink database for quick and easy reference, when needed.

However, when I enter my search term “pre-shot”, I only get a single hit on an RTF document that I created, instead of the PDF+Text documents that I know contain the words.

Here, you can see that when I navigate to the Owner’s Manual or the 3rd party manual, and then search for the term within the document, it’s quickly located.

Here’s the same search in DT3, that also shows you that the documents are PDF+Text

If you can’t find items in a search in DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Appendix > URL Commands > Performing Service Tasks and click the Execute link under reindex. Then quit and relaunch the application.

Thanks man! Indexing is underway! :smile:

:+1:

Jim,

So the Index finished, and now I can find 1 additional document, but not all 4 that I’m expecting.

I’m still not seeing any hits in the Fuji Owner’s manual, which if I navigate to, open and search does show the term that I’m looking for. Any more thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

1 Like

Here are the results from my iPad, running the same version of DTTG. It also is missing the Fuji X-T4 User manual, that’s shown in the DT3 search.

In DEVONthink To Go, select ? > Contact Us to start a Support Ticket and attach the PDF. Thanks!

1 Like

Done!