Update Hogging resources

The last (2) updates are causing me to lose control of my computer with continuous indexing in the background for what should be no new or very little information since the last time I opened the program. However, now it is hogging resources to the point that my mouse clicks are not being registered until seconds later on all programs, or are being seen as double clicks.

It’s probably going to be helpful to provide some basic information about your setup. For example, what version of macOS are you using, do you use sync (and, if so, which method), are most of your DEVONthink files indexed or are they imported, etc.?

I’m unclear what or why “continuous indexing” is happening. Perhaps you could elaborate on that.

Stephen

Hi, thanks. The latest Mac OS 12.2.1 Unfortunately, I have let the default settings for most things. So the files are in the database, but not sure if they are just indexed or imported, but I think they are fully within the DB because I have to open Dev 3 to retrieve them, and I have not used Sync.

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select DEVONthink 3 while it’s using a lot of resources in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!

Note: The latest version of macOS Monterey is 12.3. We suggest staying current with the operating system and our point releases.

Sent. Also updating OS to 12.3 It was set to be automatic. But I guess it hadn’tt done its duty.