Update indexed items of group

My Devonthink database is indexed and I have a script which, when a pdf is selected in Devonthink, it creates another file of annotations in the indexed folder. I would like to attach another script which will reindex that group in Devonthink so that the newly created file appears in Devonthink.

I have tried with this simple script but it does not work - can anyone suggest a solution?

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
	set theGroup to current group
	deconsolidate record theGroup
	synchronize record theGroup

end tell

Many thanks

Paul

There are several varieties of such a script posted in the forum – have you searched the past threads?

Korm

I had looked and then appears to be script triggers for indexing a group which I currently use and I found another script which will index the whole database but I could not find a script which would get the group folder of a selected file and then update the indexed items for that group but maybe I just missed it. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Paul

Perhaps this will work:

tell application id "DNtp"
	set theRecord to content record
	set theParent to the first parent of theRecord
	deconsolidate record theParent
	synchronize record theParent
end tell

Only works on a single selected record, but if that record is a group that is a child of an indexed group, then the parent and all of its children will be deconsolidated (i.e., “move external” on every child) and then synchronized. So, be careful – it that is not what you want then do not use this script.

Thank you. That was just what I was looking for.

Regards

Paul