Updating to latest version of devonthink

:confused: I just replaced my very old Mac, am still running the old version of DT on the new Mac, and want to update to a new version of DT. My Mac version is 10.13.6. My DT version is 2.7.6 (I know - very old). When I hit the Check for Updates in the DT dropdown, nothing happens . . . ? I’m worried this means I can’t/shouldn’t try to update to the latest DT version. Please advise.

Please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: devontechnologies.com/redir … d=download

Do not run a third-party uninstaller. If your browser isn’t set to open safe downloaded files, just double-click the ZIP file to decompress it. Then double-click the disk image to open it, and drag and drop the application into the /Applications folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version when you’re prompted.
(There is no danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is not stored in the application, and (2) we would not give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

Note: You should not rely solely on the Check For Updates function. There was a potential security issue with itaournd the time of the build you’re running, so we had to wait for a fix on it. Also, we announce updates on our blog and social media.