Upgrading from DVT2 Pro to

Hi.
Just to be sure:
I’m a happy user of DVT2 Pro (not the Office one).
Are there some functionalities of the ‘old’ pro that are not included in the ‘new’ one ?
As of today the Office version was not needed for me. My current needs are fulfilled with the Pro.
I suppose therefore that new serveur version is not necessary for me. Right or not ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

The difference between the new Pro and the new Server edition is that Server comes with the teamwork-enabled web server. Apart from that Pro has everything that DEVONthink has to offer.

Super!
Thanks a lot for your response.
The new Pro version wi’ll be good for me :wink:

Hi folks
I’m a bit confused as upgrading offers me different prices for DevonTHINK, Dev Pro or Server but none of the ‘difference between versions’ lists I can find acknowledge any difference between the first two. Could someone help me work it out (I can’t afford to go from DV Pro 2 unless there’s something really compelling, tbh…)
Cheers
Jason

The difference between the standard and the Pro edition is everything that’s marked with a star in this list (as it says in the lead-in text for the page):

oops, I’m also very confused, sorry…
My initial question would be:
“Are there some functionalities of the ‘old’ pro that are not included in the ‘new’ basic version.
As of today the Office version was not needed for me.
My current needs are fulfilled with the (old) Pro.”

The basic features (multiple databases, all filetypes, scripting) of DEVONthink Pro 2.x are still supported by the standard edition of DEVONthink 3. Download manager, Concordance and Bookends import are only supported by Pro.

ok thanks again for your response …

ok, thanks but just to be clear the upgrade path offers me three options while everything else talks about only DV and DV Server. (see screenshot)02 . And you added two items not visible on that link (Download Manager, Concordance). Is there (or not) still a difference between Devonthink and Devonthink Pro (not counting server)? If so, is there a definitive list of the differences anywhere please?

The link that Eric posted above is the list of features that Pro and Server have in addition to the Standard edition.

ah #lightbulb. Thanks.

This is quite confusing as I can’t tell from the beta what will work and what won’t (since the licence covers all of them). As I remember I only upgraded to Pro for email messages to work in the archive.
thanks.

All features that are only in Pro have a blue star in the menus. And it’s documented in the help as well.