Urgent: Restore (only 1/2) certain tags from a backup of the

Hi,

I was reordering the tags in my database and have accidently removed and deleted one very important tag.
With the undo-function I could not get it back, as the trash was already emptied. :frowning:

I have a backup of the database, but I have already made a lot of changes which I do not want to have to do again…

Is there a way to get back only one tag from the backup,
in other words assign the Tag XY from Database_V1 to all documents with the same name/path in Database_V2?
(We’re talking about both imported AND indexed documents in the DB)

Any advice is appreciated!
(Manually assigning the Tag is impossible because it belongs to hundreds of documents.)

I tried this on a test database that I duplicated then opened next to the original. Moving the tag pretty much made a hash of both databases, for some reason. I was left with slew of replicants I didn’t expect to see.

maybe an Apple Script could read out the names (with path?!) of all the files which have the Tag in the backup DB and write them to a list.
An another Script could then assign the tag in the current database to all files contained in the list.
Would that be possible?
(Unfortunately I don’t know how to write Apple Scripts).
:frowning:

sorry, korm:

:arrow_right: I totally forgot to thank you for your effort and your time to help me!

How different are the two databases? Is the backup copy (the one with the desired tag) relatively the same as the database with the missing tag? If so, or if they are relatively similar, why not just begin using your backup as the main database?

No, that is (and was) not possible any more.

When loosing the tag I had already put much effort in manually tagging documents and re-arranging and joining the tags in tag groups.
It would have been a nightmare to go back.

The conent of the documents in the database should not have changed, only the tags.

I hope that there will be an easy solution to search all the documents in the bakup belonging to the 2 or 3 lost tags and finding them again in the new db.