URL Missing after OCR

Hi, Everyone,

First time poster. I really appreciate everyone’s help in this forum. I am new to DT – so please forgive me if I am misunderstanding something, or if this has been addressed before and I just missed it.

I am seeing a strange behavior, and I wonder if it is a bug or if I am just missing something. Every time I initiate OCR via control-clicking a PDF and choosing OCR > to searchable PDF, the document loses its URL. It will have one prior and then after the OCR is completed (and a new document is created and the old one is automatically deleted), the new OCR’ed version is missing the URL.

Could this be related to the problem in the post titled: “Metadata after OCR in DT3b3”? (Sorry, I can’t seem to add a link here)

Is there any way to prevent this? Thanks a lot!

The URL should transfer to the new record after OCR, I will check to see if there is an issue with this.

1 Like

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? I am having the same problem.

Version: 3.0.4
OS Version: 10.15.4

I have tested this on the latest beta and it worked ok. The update should be released this week, if you could try it on this update when it is released and let me know if you are still having a problem.

1 Like

I have updated to version 3.5. Unfortunately, I still found URL missing after I converted the PDF into searchable PDF (I can confirm the URL is there before the conversion).

I confirmed this here…

The next release will fix this.