Use case system-wide CSS for Markdown

Yes, this way one would have to batch tag and call it a day or perhaps tag the folder and have the files inherit the properties?

one possible example
tag displays as Github
real tag name when editing
css:Github /path/to/css/here

OR

When editing tags, you can edit an inject file field under the info window and set the path there as another example. Or call the override field and from there you insert the html etc for injecting into the head of the file.

There would need to be some way then for tag types. as a bonus however, we could also tag in javascript for mathml etc.

Bump.

It’s getting tiresome to have to insert my CSS every time I create a new markdown note (when hitting the Sorter’s “Take Note” hotkey).

I’d LOVE a customizable textarea that gets inserted into the element of every rendered markdown document. This would support adding an external stylesheet, or embedded css, or even the math JavaScript some people have longed for. Anyone who knows basic HTML/CSS could really benefit from this flexibility.

It SEEMS like a simple addition which wouldn’t negatively affect anyone who didn’t want to make use of it, but of course, you guys would know best. :slight_smile:

Please??

My use case for markdown styling is that I want to place a max-width on the text – that way when I have DTPO open in a large window (to view various columns in the 3-pane window document picker), the text does not stretch all the way across the screen.

The additional problem that I am encountering is that when I edit the document in an an external editor I get linting errors about not including html in my markdown and also they expect the YAML front data to be the first item in the document. Being able to have a default stylesheet for Markdown documents would be extremely helpful.

Just noting: Linting is a relative thing, relative to its use and output. HTML is specifically allowed in the Markdown spec.

And we are working on some things in here for future releases. Can’t say when or anything more, but know we’re at work.