Using Alfred to open bookmarks in the default browser

Hello :slight_smile:

One of my current usages of DT is as a bookmark holder.

The problem is: when I want to open a bookmark hold by DT, it opens it in is integrated browser and I don’t want that, I want to open it in my defaut browser (firefox).

I tried: opening the bookmark file and change the default application which opens it to firefox instead of DT. It works, if I double-click on the file directly in the Finder, the bookmark opens on firefox. However, when I try to open the bookmark with Alfred, it opens in the integrated browser :confused:

So: how to open a bookmark stored by DT with Alfred and make it open in the default browser ?

Here are some pics to picture that.

Thanks for the replies :wink:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 18.40.03.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 18.38.58.png

The link shown in the Alfred screencap is to the file in DEVONthink (the .dtp2 file). It is not the file in the filesystem so it will open the file in DEVONthink.

Since DEVONthink has an internal browser, the default behavior is to load the page internally. If you want to open it externally, click it and choose Data > Launch URL or press Control-Command-O to open it in the system default browser.

Thanks for the quick reply !

Is it possible to change this “default behavior” ? so I don’t need to do this 2-steps scheme: going into DT then Control-Command-O ? I mean the whole interest is to get to the bookmarks stored by DT, and opening them up as quickly as possible … :wink:

No, the default behavior can’t be changed. The .dtp2 files behave a specific way for a specific reason. They’re not meant to be used in the way you’re hoping for.

Okay, it’s clear, thank you :slight_smile:

No problem.