Using Mellel in DEVONThink To GO

Mellel is my first choice of word processor and DEVONThink 3 displays file contents perfectly. However, DEVONThink To Go does not and I need to convert files to another format, RTF for example.

Is is possible that DEVONThink To Go could render Mellel files readable in the near future?

This isn’t possible currently due to limitations of iOS, Quick Look extensions provided by third-party apps are only available on the Mac.

Welcome @tfwthg
Also note RTF files aren’t mobile-native so third-party frameworks are used to work with them. There is some support for the in DEVONthink To Go via a framework. However, RTFD can be displayed but not edited in DEVONthink To Go.

Thanks for the helpful responses.

Can you suggest an editor that will allow editing of simply-formated text on an iPhone/iPad? I just edited on iPhone such a file and the formatting was deleted.

I just edited on iPhone such a file and the formatting was deleted.

?
Can you clarify what you mean here?

Yes, clarify. I had three styles with different size fonts, text colour and paragraph margins. Mellel exports an rtf file that looks identical to the original. Editing that rtf using the built in editor in DEVONThink To GO gives only one colour, black, and all identical margins. So, effectively the former styles are lost.

This could be an issue with the RTF framework we are using.

On a side note: text editing will be a big focus of the next major release of DEVONthink To Go.

4 Likes

Can’t wait, it would be useful to me, I am not heavily invested in ios yet though. That might push me forward.