Verify & Repair failed on Catalina with encrypted database

It’s not possible to merge databases. But you could e.g. copy & paste the icons from the old database to the latest one.

The icons on BOTH databases are backed when I opened the old one from TimeMachine, I don’t understand why.

This is indeed weird as databases don’t have any impact on each other. Does this persist after a reboot?

There is a warning in the log complains that databases shares same UUID, guess that’s the reason.

No, that’s a sync warning, two databases can’t have the same UUID. Ideally disable the sync completely until everything’s fine.

Even for the one extracted from the sparseimage and the one from TimeMachine?

A unique database UUID is required by the sync.

Since my other unencrypted databases are not affected in this disaster, can I convert an encrypted database to an unencrypted one? do you recommend to do so?

I “unencrypted” the database by doing this, no problem so far, I hope this is the right way to do it.

This doesn’t unencrypt the database. It merely changes the type of the encrypted volume the database is contained in.

You can close the database in DEVONthink, then click the mounted volume in the Finder, and drag and drop the .dtBase file to your Databases folder in the Home directory. You could then unmount the volume and delete the .sparseimage. That would leave the DEVONthink database available for opening in DEVONthink.

Sorry I didn’t say it clearly before, what you said is exactly what I actually did.
Now I have a .dtBase2 instead of a .dtSparse.

I kept DT3 running for a night again to let it sync with a WebDAV server in LAN, in the morning it happens again, DT3 is dominating a single core:

The UI is super slow merely responsive, the progress is like this:

I clicked Quit but it doesn’t work, now I don’t dare to force quit like before since that’s how this whole problem started.

Just quit again, by default quitting is delayed until current syncs are finished. But first create a sample: Launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), choose DEVONthink 3 the list of processes, select the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com. Thanks in advance!

I clicked Quit again before seeing your reply, I’ll send you a sample the next time I encounter a situation like this, Thank you!