View As Icons Additions

I would very much like to set “view as icons” globally, or as the default (instead of having to do it everywhere I go). I would also like an option to either adjust icon separation or (better) to enforce the display of a file’s full name. Not really a Devonthink issue, but I really dislike the “A fi…nd extension” way of showing file names. Computers should be smarter than that. Finally, in icon view, is there (or can there be) a way to suppress showing a thumbnail over a folder icon? This is just me, but I’m not really digging the new vertical folder icon and thumbnail. I’d prefer a folder icon of my own choosing without the thumbnail. Thanks, and congratulations on DT3. Fine work.

Finally, in icon view, is there (or can there be) a way to suppress showing a thumbnail over a folder icon? This is just me, but I’m not really digging the new vertical folder icon and thumbnail.

It’s unclear what you’re refrring to here. A screencap may be helpful.

You might try to enable the preference to retain the view (see Preferences > General).

So here is what I have since learned. The folder “Logging” also showed a file thumbnail over the vertical folder icon (like IWLA) in the screen cap. I had replaced the icon (with the Mac OS folder icon) using the traditional method, but nothing appeared to happen. Restarting DT this AM (to make this screen cap) has the folder icon replaced without the file thumbnail just like I wanted (likely the icon was cached somehow). Problem solved then. I’d still like to control the spacing to eliminate (or reduce) the … in file names, and have DT default to icon view globally but allow other views in a folder by folder basis.