View menu always gets stuck, breaking other menus until I restart DT

Steps: I click DEVONthink’s View menu in the menubar, or click any menu and then move my cursor over so as to trigger the View menu.

Expected result: the View menu appears and functions properly.

Actual results:

• the View button is highlighted but the menu does not appear.
  • if I click other menus, they do get highlighted and do appear, but I cannot click any items on them and I also cannot click them away.
  • if I switch to another application, it takes several clicks to bring DT back to the foreground.
  • keyboard shortcuts to menu items also break (e.g. Command+Q while DEVONthink is active no longer quits DEVONthink)
  • these problems persist until I restart DEVONthink (which I have to accomplish by option-clicking DEVONthink in my Dock and selecting quit)

Troubleshooting notes:

• This started happening when I beta-tested MacOS 14, and I assumed it was because of a change in Sonoma. But Sonoma has been out for a few weeks and it’s still happening.
  • I’ve not noticed this behavior in any other app on my Mac. Other applications’ View menus work properly.
  • I run several apps/services that affect the menubar and window management, including: Bartender, Swish, HazeOver, KeyboarMaestro, Magnet, Lasso, BetterTouchTool, OneSwitch, BetterDisplay, and CleanMyMac.
  • It doesn’t matter which if any databases I have open, it happens regardless.

Details:
DEVONthink 3.9.2 Server edition
MacBook Pro with M1 Max and 64GB RAM (2021) macOS Sonoma 14.0

Many thanks in advance!

edit - I’m not sure if this is relevant, but during normal use WindowServer is typically the process with the highest CPU utilization on my Mac, averaging around 50-60% of a core. I believe this has long been the case for me, and I don’t know if that’s typical for Macs.

Your software is out of date.
You should keep an eye on the View > Extras sidebar and/or our blog. From the 23rd of September…

PS: We do not recommend immediately upgrading operating systems. It’s generally best to wait until the first or second point release. Something to keep in mind for the future.

I could have sworn I checked for updates a few days ago. Well that fixed it. Thanks!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: