Steps: I click DEVONthink’s View menu in the menubar, or click any menu and then move my cursor over so as to trigger the View menu.
Expected result: the View menu appears and functions properly.
- the View button is highlighted but the menu does not appear.
- if I click other menus, they do get highlighted and do appear, but I cannot click any items on them and I also cannot click them away.
- if I switch to another application, it takes several clicks to bring DT back to the foreground.
- keyboard shortcuts to menu items also break (e.g. Command+Q while DEVONthink is active no longer quits DEVONthink)
- these problems persist until I restart DEVONthink (which I have to accomplish by option-clicking DEVONthink in my Dock and selecting quit)
- This started happening when I beta-tested MacOS 14, and I assumed it was because of a change in Sonoma. But Sonoma has been out for a few weeks and it’s still happening.
- I’ve not noticed this behavior in any other app on my Mac. Other applications’ View menus work properly.
- I run several apps/services that affect the menubar and window management, including: Bartender, Swish, HazeOver, KeyboarMaestro, Magnet, Lasso, BetterTouchTool, OneSwitch, BetterDisplay, and CleanMyMac.
- It doesn’t matter which if any databases I have open, it happens regardless.
DEVONthink 3.9.2 Server edition
MacBook Pro with M1 Max and 64GB RAM (2021) macOS Sonoma 14.0
Many thanks in advance!
edit - I’m not sure if this is relevant, but during normal use WindowServer is typically the process with the highest CPU utilization on my Mac, averaging around 50-60% of a core. I believe this has long been the case for me, and I don’t know if that’s typical for Macs.