Vintage Mail Scripts

Springcleaning my Mac I found in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail five scripts:

Add attachments to DEVONthink.scpt
Add mailbox(es) & attachments to DEVONthink.scpt
Add mailbox(es) to DEVONthink.scpt
Add message(s) & attachments to DEVONthink.scpt
Add message(s) to DEVONthink.scpt

At least, Add attachments to DEVONthins.scpt doesn’t work with macOS 12.6.5 and DT3 3.9. This scrips has being created on Mac 18th, 2012. Though, I have installed the Mail Plugin 4.0.9. So, what I have to do in order to make the script working?

Have you reinstalled them via DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons?
And does DEVONthink have its Automation requests allowed in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-19 um 18.48.22

You didn’t respond to this.

Sorry. Yes, I did.

Did you select an email with an attachment in Apple Mail then run the script?

Yes. And the DT3 dockling began jumping, the black window did appear where I could choose where the attachment should being saved. But finally the attachment did not appear in the chosen group.

And what is reported in Window > Log?

Does DEVONthink 3 have full disk access?

1 Like

Oops. Sorry for that. This made the trick.

hello Bluefrog,
I find it’s interesting because the scripts are on my computer in the same path, but they are not visible in the menu bar as before on my old computer (MacOS Sierra). It is also not possible to install it again with DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons, they do not occur on the tableau.
Do the scripts not run on MacOS Monterey ? Or what is the way to reinstall the scripts?
btw. the mail plugin is installed and works fine as before.

Yes, the scripts run in Monterey. Post a screen capture of what you’re looking at in the menubar of Apple Mail.

Is this sufficient ?

The global visibility of the script menu is, afaik, set in the Script Editor.

@chrillek is correct. The global Scripts menu isn’t ours; it belongs to and is controlled by macOS.
You can enable it in Script Editor’s General preferences.

Thank you for the quick answers,
just for your information:
there seems another problem with my MacOS, in the Script Editors Preferences it is set as needed nevertheless there is no Script available in the menubar,

Do you use a program like bartender to manage the menu bar?

No, is it necessary ?

No, is not necessary, au contraire: it might interfere with what you see in the menu bar.