Want to bypass Sorter

I simplified my use of DTPO by going to just one database. I then managed (in a way I’ve now forgotten) to go direct from a browser bookmarklet into the Inbox of that database, bypassing the Sorter entirely. I’d like to do that now that I’ve finally moved to DT3. Any suggestions for editing the bookmarklet code?

[I don’t like the Sorter experience. Perhaps I just dislike the black box!]

While I’m here, I’m curious: Sometimes, the PDF bookmarklet generates a bookmark instead. Any idea why?

The only options are using the Global Inbox or selecting a group each time you clip.

What URL are you having an issue with?

“The only options are using the Global Inbox or selecting a group each time you clip.”
That sounds totally contrary to your organization’s philosophy. I’m telling you I don’t want to do either. I want to sort in the db’s Inbox. Are you really telling me that you’ve eliminated the option of not using the Sorter?

Can’t I somehow modify the code of the bookmarklet?
javascript:window.location=‘x-devonthink://createPDF?title=’+encodeURIComponent(document.title)+’&location=’+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+’&referrer=’+encodeURIComponent(document.referrer)+’&paginated=Yes&width=’+window.innerWidth;

I just discovered the highlight tools are missing. Did you guys kill that too? I don’t even use Preview! After Apple screwed it up in the release of Sierra, I found alternate products. How am I supposed to mark up PDFs?

I’m very unhappy about this, too… I’m getting stuck on not having the basics of how I want to use DT, before I even find all the improvements you’ve added.

See menu Format > Highlight and Format > Highlight Color

This works over here

javascript:window.location='x-devonthink://createPDF?title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)+'&location='+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+'&referrer='+encodeURIComponent(document.referrer)+'&paginated=Yes&width='+window.innerWidth+'&destination=5DED7DEE-EA86-47B0-97FE-1FA8E7A086CD';

Replace 5DED7DEE-EA86-47B0-97FE-1FA8E7A086CD with the UUID of your destination group.

I would rename the modified bookmarklet to prevent confusion in the future.

Fabulous! It worked. Then, in fooling around, I found the edit bar, which isn’t mentioned in the Help documentation. That has everything I need. It seems like the Help for v. 2 had a lot more in it…

Thank you!

1 Like

I haven’t been able to find how to find the UUID of the folder of choice. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit > Copy Item Link, then paste somewhere and remove x-devonthink-item://

When I did that, all that I got was the text of the folder name, not its link. Is there something further I need to do?

Thanks for your help.

Paste in a plain text document.

I found the edit bar, which isn’t mentioned in the Help documentation. That has everything I need. It seems like the Help for v. 2 had a lot more in it…

That is incorrect…

I had searched for Annotation. That only brought up editing in Preview. How would I know to search for “edit bar”? That terminology didn’t exist in v. 2.

I had tried copying the Item Link into an email, as I didn’t have a 10.15-compatible text editor. When I used a real text editor, it worked just the way Pete said it would. I’m really thrilled. Thanks, Pete!

1 Like