Web Archives

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the Web Archive feature in DTPO.

I have several daily links websites with tips-tricks for video editing and i have created a group with the live link, and check it each day, and save that page as a Web Archive and have a permanent record for review at my leisure.

That’s one way I use DTPO.

Not to rain on your parade, but have you only recently discovered them? I think DEVONthink 1.x had support for OS X Web Archive format shortly after Apple added it to OS X several years ago (with Safari 1/WebKit?). :slight_smile:

Though for some reason it’s not listed in the Supported File Types section of the DEVONthink/DEVONnote Feature Comparison page.

I’ve known about them since v1 and used 'em then too. In the spirit of this Index (DT/DN Usage Scenarios) thought I’d share my usage of DTPO for new members to get some creative ideas.

That’s the purpose of this thread, right, to share how we use the software? If not, moderators feel free to delete this thread.

Please share. I was just surprised by your enthusiasm for something that had been around awhile. :slight_smile:

Please share. I was just surprised by your current enthusiasm for something that had been around this long. :slight_smile:

PS: I heavily use web archives, too, regardless of potential problems (some previously discussed in other threads).

In all fairness, there are still lots of features of DTPO that I don’t know about. I use the ones I use, and I’m sure others are the same way. I’m sure that the only ones who truly know about every feature are the people who write the software from scratch. I may continue to find a feature that has been around for awhile, and that shouldn’t take away from my ability to share a comment about it. Just because it’s been around doesn’t mean it isn’t “new” to me or others.

A positive attitude goes a long way…

Yup, seems there’s always something waiting to be discovered with DEVONthink regardless of how long you’ve used it. And even when developers know the raw features of their apps they can still learn new usage techniques (on their own and from other people in ways) they’d never considered.