Web Clipper (rich text) stopped working

The web clipper seems to have completely stopped working for me when selecting Rich Text as the format. It doesn’t matter if it’s clutter free or not.

It seems to be consistent across all pages, but here’s a concrete example on a fairly simple page: 40 questions to ask yourself every year – Stephan Ango

The activity window says “Downloading Web Pages” with the correct URL below it, but once it disappears, there is no new document. All the other modes (e.g. web archive with and without clutter free, plain text, etc) are working fine. I also know that it used to work because I have clipped this exact page with DT before (see attachment).

40 questions to ask yourself every year – Stephan Ango.rtf.zip (2.9 KB)

I prefer Rich Text over Web Archive because it preserves the basic formatting and supports dark mode (closest to Evernote clipping or Instapaper).

DEVONthink Pro Edition 3.8.3, MacOS 12.3.1 (21E258), Safari 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13), M1 Max

Works fine here in Markdown and HTML. I prefer Markdown. Saw nothing happen when picking RTF format (never used that before, frankly for web pages). Nothing reported in log.

This will be addressed in the next release. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like