web clipping

As someone returning to DTP after using Evernote for a long time, I have some questions about web clipping. Is DTP’s web clipper as good at clipping web pages as the Evernote web clipper? (I’m thinking not, but I’m happy to be wrong). In particular, since Devon offers so many web clipping options, what is the closest equivalent to Evernote’s style/format of web clipping which both preserves the original web formatting really well yet also leaves it editable?

One related question: there isn’t a Safari extension for a DT web clipper is there? It’s just a bit of javascript code?

Thanks!

If you open DTP, and select “Install Add-Ons…” from the DEVONthink Pro menu, the window that pops up will give you the option to install an extension for the top three browsers. It’s pretty good. I’m not sure if it’s as good as Evernote’s, but it gets the job done.

1 Like

Also using osx you can send clean, reader view pdfs directly to the DT global inbox using the print menu, just cmd+P and select ‘Save pdf to DT Pro’ from the dialogue menu bottom left (next to ‘Show details’).
I use this all the time :slight_smile:

[i]

[/i]

Excellent. Thank you, Stringer.