WebArchives and WebCore-related crash

I have a couple of WebArchives at the root level of a database. I tried moving them to a folder (both by dragging and by using the contextual menu), and also tried grouping them using the “Group the Current Selection” button. Each operation resulted in DT Pro quitting unexpectedly, with an error message like this:

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000004

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 WebCore::FrameLoader::interruptionForPolicyChangeError(WebCore::ResourceRequest const&) + 28
1 WebCore::MainResourceLoader::interruptionForPolicyChangeError() const + 48
2 WebCore::MainResourceLoader::stopLoadingForPolicyChange() + 44
3 WebCore::MainResourceLoader::continueAfterNavigationPolicy(WebCore::ResourceRequest const&, bool) + 32
4 WebCore::PolicyCheck::cancel() + 92
5 WebCore::FrameLoader::stopPolicyCheck() + 492
6 WebCore::FrameLoader::stopAllLoaders() + 52
7 WebCore::FrameLoader::stopLoadingSubframes() + 60
8 WebCore::FrameLoader::stopAllLoaders() + 60
9 0x1000 + 1252196

Attempting to load those same WebArchives in Safari leads to them attempting to load but the page being totally blank, with a subsequent Quit Safari leading to Safari quitting unexpectedly, with the following error message:

XC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xbf7fffb0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 __CFStringCreateImmutableFunnel3 + 32
1 CFStringCreateWithSubstring + 564
2 _retainedComponentString + 192
3 CFURLCopyScheme + 252
4 -[NSURL scheme] + 36
5 0x1000 + 127552
6 0x1000 + 124736
7 0x1000 + 136836
8 objc_msgSendv + 180
9 -[NSInvocation invoke] + 944

I suspect that this isn’t really a DT problem, but with so many knowledgeable people around I’m hoping someone will know what the problem might be.

Thanks,
Rick

P.S. I tried Verify and Repair, and it reported no errors. I’ve also deleted the offending webarchives.

Do you use the beta of Safari 3?

Yes, I tried installing it and immediately regretted it because of its instability. Tried to overwrite it with an older copy of Safari from a friend, but it doesn’t seem to be the same as it was before.

The beta includes an uninstaller and everything is fine again over here after using it.

Oh! Never noticed that. Thanks!

Hello,

I was wondering if you have plans to fix that bug, for the guys as me who enjoy working with Safari 3.

Thanks

It’s not a bug of DT, it’s one of the Safari beta.

Christian,

You are absolutely right, I’m sorry. Hope Safari 3 will solve its bugs.

Thaks for your your great job.