Webarchiving causes freezing

Making a webarchive of certain websites, namely of newspapers like
www.tagesanzeiger.ch
or
www.bernerzeitung.ch
causes the freezing of dt3 and needs a restart.
any hints?

Does this persist after rebooting the iOS device?

sorry for not being precise enough: i’m talking about an iMac with MacOS 10.14.6.
after restart I have to delete the questionable webarchive, otherwise dt3 freezes again.

It is possible that this is the same problem that I submitted a bug/hang for, yesterday. I was going through my inbox where I have bookmarks and web archives.

No worries!

Does the issue occur when clipping or viewing the file in DEVONthink?

It occurs when clipping («Clip to Devonthink», 7 Webarchiv) - the writing of the Webarchiv-file never comes to an end and after a forced restart, the reading of the same file never comes to an end and i have to delete it.

Plese provide a special URL on one of the sites that causes this issue. Thanks.

It is about articles of a Zurich newspaper - free content doesn’t cause problems:

Content with blue marking «Abo» has to be subscribed and causes the freezing
before there is any chance to enter unsername and password:

In the meantime I cannot reproduce the problem anymore. It seems, that it was possible
to make a correct (but unnecessary) Log-In for a free article and the dt3-web-browser is saving username
and password in some hidden place and remembering it. Does this explanation make sens?

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select the frozen DEVONthink in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!

as i mentionend in my last answer above:
In the meantime I cannot reproduce the problem anymore. It seems, that it was possible
to make a correct (but unnecessary) Log-In for a free article and the dt3-web-browser is saving username
and password in some hidden place and remembering it. Does this explanation make sense?

i have the the assumption that my username and password for having access to subscribed content
are somewhere saved by the dt3-web-browser and therefore the freezing does not occur anymore,
and cliping to devonthink doesn’t produce a ‚webarchiv‘ anymore, but a ‚web-internetadresse‘-file.

cliping to devonthink doesn’t produce a ‚webarchiv‘ anymore, but a ‚web-internetadresse‘-file.

Reboot the machine and try the clipping again.

Thanks, that worked!