Where is the Sync Group?

I see that at least one person with this problem is running Snow Leopard, but I also note that a number of us, myself included, are still using 10.5.8. Are you sure this is not at the root of the problem?

Just to say: this will be awesome once it works and the growing pains are over!

Same here. No Sync Group.
Got 2.05. Got the bundle. Installed a test database, but that didn’t create a sync group. Stopped the Firewall. Didn’t work.

I’m located in the Netherlands.

I haven’t tested this Greg, but you may want to look into Intego (it’s (virus/spam/etc) protection software). intego.com/
Nothing wrong with the software but I’ve had problems with it before in relation to other applications. I have Virusbarrier X6.
There are extra settings for the Firewall in there. My Firewall is set to “no restrictions”.

George

I found even without the “sync group” that the iPad will indeed still sync! No wmy problem is finding out if my almost 60000 document database will sync up. I may have to make some hard choices… :open_mouth:

Same problem with absence of Sync Group. US UTC -7 but using UK still dates.

Same problem as more than a few people. No “Sync” group. Also, Devonthink to Go can’t “find” my computer.

Running

OSX 10.5.8
Devonthink pro office Pro Office 2.0.5
Sync bundle is installed
In Canada

Where is the frustrated smilie? :neutral_face:

That might be something linked with that: I installed DTTG on my 2 MacBook: no Sync Group on the one with Leopard, but a Sync Group on the one with SnowLeopard!

… but the sync is crashing half way! :frowning:

I am also on Leopard ( 10.5.8 ). Up to now I had not thought about upgrading to Snow Leopard, but if that’s what it takes …

I’m using Snow Leopard 10.6.4, so it can’t be related to the OS - or it can’t be the only reason.

Hmmm, checking Console messages and this one pops up:

“Error loading <…> Sync Agent <…> : no suitable image found.”

Think I will first have to get that one solved.

maybe an update didn’t happen correctly? a delete and redownload worth a try?

Those of you who are missing the Sync group: Is anything on the Console when loading DEVONthink that sounds alarming, such like the Sync Agent plugin not loading or any other error message? If yes, please send a quick email to bugs (at) devon-technologies.com.

Sent the full error message to the bugs email address

Thank you, just noticed the posted console messages. We will have a look and fix this with DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.0.6, likely.

Will do, and here it is in case it’s useful on this forum.
10/28/10 1:07:45 PM DEVONthink Pro[36923] Connection to devongetd failed. 10/28/10 1:09:33 PM DEVONthink Pro[37280] Error loading /Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sync Agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Sync Agent: dlopen(/Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sync Agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Sync Agent, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sync Agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Sync Agent: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Any idea of a timetable for 2.0.6? I can’t switch away from Leopard right now for a series of complicated reasons, so I’m hoping it will be soon!
Thanks!

oops, sorry for the errors–should have previewed the last message! Aside from my doing the quote thing wrong, those were two different Console messages that got smushed together.

Hi

I posted a longer message in the previous page, so I will be brief here. I have a sync group in all databases but one. If I start a new database I have a sync group. The sync group disappeared from the my most used database when I “ungrouped” it after realizing syncing a large database all at once was a bad idea. All I want to do now is get the sync group back to my primary database. Again: there is a sync group in ALL other databases as well as any new ones I create.

Thank you very much.

Christian

I sent a full log file to support ticket 527877 and a smaller file this am of just the DevonThink issues.

This is the only piece in my console log that discusses DevonThink

10/29/10 7:16:34 AM DEVONthink Pro[187] Error loading /Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sync Agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Sync Agent: dlopen(/Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sync Agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Sync Agent, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sync Agent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Sync Agent: unknown required load command 0x80000022

I am also in that situation, cannot upgrade to Snow Leopard at all but really need DevonThinkToGo to work.

Thank you! we will have a look at this issue.

Never mind about working with Leopard. Same problem with SL !