Where is the Sync Group?

I’d prefer “we’re having a look” :laughing:

I’m facing the same problem.

I wish I had not rushed to buy the DEVONthink To Go app. The number of negative ratings of this app on the AppStore can only grow until this problem is resolved - first adopters will be more forgiving than people entirely new to the DEVONthink world.

DEVONthink To Go is promising but is frankly useless without a working Sync method.

I think we’ll have to take into account Apple’s rules, they allow max. 100 beta testers (read it somewhere), otherwise, I suppose, a more mature version would have been launched

I have this problem: there is no sync group in DevonThinkPro 2.0.5. From Spain. :frowning:

I too am having this problem. No sync groups. Latest versions of everything and I’ve checked all the other things to check listed above.

Yet another with no Sync group. I’m a programmer myself, so I’ve looked at my console listings, and (of course) done all the things mentioned above. No luck. 10.6.4; Devon Think Pro Office… and the iPad app.

Suggestion: how about a drag-n-drop solution, at least temporarily?

I also do not have a sync group. I’ve downloaded and reinstalled devonthink pro on my iMac; no sync group.

I too wish I hadn’t bothered to buy devonthink to go; it’s not cheap and like most users I assumed it would work. No reply from dt support to my message asking for help.

I dont have the issue but I was curious if there might be any clues to why. Some incomplete upgrade process of older databases? The only file modifible by us seems to be a plist inside the db package. anyone try comparing the contents with a new db that works?

gary

If no solution to this is even hinted or promised eg give us 2 hours we are looking into it etc then you can apply to Apple for a refund. Not a promoted solution but I hear it is possible and gets things moving.

In an earlier thread about the absence of a Sync group:

So, hold tight – they’re working on it.

Now I installed DevonNote and it’s no difference, it’s something wrong with the sync-plugin. The same console message as with DevonThinkPro:

hmm… what would other people check out? permissions, InputManagers, SIMBL, APE, … ?

I posted a new thread thinking it might get more eyeballs there but perhaps I should have just added it here.

When I first was testing DT as a solution (and only because of the promise of DTTG) I downloaded and installed DTPro Office. But the version I ended up buying was DT Pro as I decided I did not want to use the OCR capability & Didn’t need mail archives.

Could there have been something left over from the original install that is mucking up the final purchased version?

Also, as far as I know I have never seen a Sync Group on any database and I cannot see one if I create a new database.

I would guess not. I started with Personal, moved to Pro, and have tried Pro Office. If you or someone wanted to try looking around, I’d try with what’s easily checked…

[db].dtBase2/Settings.plist
preferences plist - comparing, reseting, …
verify and repair, backup and optimize, rebuild
other things?

and stuff installed elsewhere that might conflict or be loading itself with DT:

APE, SIMBL, InputManagers, Contextual Menu Items, Frameworks, InputMethods, LaunchAgents/Daemons, ScriptingAdditions, …

there must be some dev here or other users that have a better clue than me.

gary

Well I have now done a complete uninstall, even trashed my database completely and re-downloaded, re installed DevonThink Pro, re installed all the add-in’s, created a brand spanking new database, re-imported a bunch of stuff from my Evernote so I had stuff to work with but still no sync group.

No response from my big report either.

Mac 10.5.8

I’d really like some indication of what else to try to see if I can get it working.

Clearly some folks can sync at least some of the time btu also clearly a lot of folks don’t even get to the sync errors mentioned elsewhere because we don’t even have a sync group to attempt syncing with.

Please give us an indication of what you are finding out and some hope of a fix soon.

Here’s the latest totally weird update:
Everything works on my PowerBook only. It’s a G4, running OS 10.5.8.
The Sync Group is there, the iPhone sees the computer, and my little test Sync Group appeared on the iPhone. I haven’t quite got the hang of finding documents yet other than by Searching, but when I search for them they’re there and readable, though slow. (It’s an old 3G iPhone, running iOS 3.1.3, which may have something to do with it.) But it works as it should.

On my desktop, a much newer Mac Mini 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running the same operating system as the PB, it doesn’t work. There is no Sync Group. If I move a database from the PB to the Mini, there is a Sync Group, although I haven’t yet gotten DTTG to see the Mini to sync to.

Like I said, weird. I’ve posted this in a separate thread as well; hope it helps! (and I apologize if this shows up twice in this group; I thought I had posted it, but it didn’t appear)

I’m really frustrated that my bug reports aren’t even being acknowledged.

I can’t see the sync group, can’t see my mac on the network from my iPod, and I can’t even get iTunes to let me put in a review of the DTTG app!

We need some indication that our issues are being looked at, and some hints of what is going on.

DEVON Think is expensive (relatively speaking) and DTTG is very expensive in the overall scheme of iPhone/iPod apps. I’d really like some feedback from DEVON on the missing sync group issues and on what their plans are to fix the rev 1 bugs that are so prevalent.

I am as anxious as you to be able to use DTTG. But it has been posted to this thread that the issue is being looked into.

So for now I just wait. It has just been a few days after all 8)

I can assure you that all comments on the forum and all bug reports and comments sent to Support are being reviewed by the developers, and they are actively working on fixes to the issues reported.

As you may have noted in these forum posts, there are several common issues being reported: failure of databases to display the Sync group; failure of the remote iOS device to see and sync with a Mac database; and an error message after a search on the iOS device. These are issues that I’ve never seen in my pre-release betas of DT To Go – the Sync group appears in all of my own databases, my iPad always “sees” my Mac and its databases, and syncs to and from my iPad and my Mac databases always work properly (although I’ve never tried to synch a 30,000 document database to my iPad, as I would expect the iPad’s horsepower would be somewhat overwhelmed – I’ve limited syncs to several hundred documents chosen for a particular purpose while on travel, for example).

Forum posts also demonstrate that a number of DT To Go users are not experiencing those particular issues. I’m not a developer, but it would seem that there must be differences in the environments of computers that contribute to these differences. Obviously, it’s important that DT To Go should work with any reasonably stable Mac using Leopard or Snow Leopard.

There are other issues and comments made by users who have successfully synced data to DT To Go. Some of these are discussed in the FAQs. Others are already in development plans for updates. And still others are comments that will be considered to make DT To Go more functional for its users, perhaps to be included in future updates.

You may be assured that the developers are giving priority to resolving the issues that have prevented some users from syncing from their Mac databases to DT To Go.

Why isn’t DTech posting comments like these where more people are likely to see/read them than 4 pages deep in this thread?!?