Where to enter the email adress for a reminder?

Hi,

I want to send a mail of a reminder. The manual says:

Send Mail: Enter email addresses to which to send the matching items. This can be a comma-delimited list of addresses, names, or enter the name of a group you’ve defined in your contacts.

But I do not know where to input the mail adresses. See screenshot:

Please direct me to the correct field…

Maria

It’s the field containing the Name placeholder on your screenshot.

omg,

thanks!

I thought this is the message field, with the NAME tag as default. Maybe, it could be populated with “email adress” or something like that in later versions!

Best,
Maria

It is already, just checked this. At least as long as DEVONthink is allowed to access the contacts (see System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Contacts).

I see, this was not set in my system preferences, but is now.

Following problems:

(1) I did not get the mail (I entered my Mail adress – there was no connection with my data base.

(2) I also tested a “Mitteilung”, but nothing appears in my “Mitteilungszentrale” on the right side.

I hope I can get this working, will test it a bit more.

Maria

What’s your default email client? Is DEVONthink allowed to automate it (see System Preferences > Security & Privacy again)?

Thank you. – My Mail client is Apple Mail, and it is checked for Automation.

I have some more problems with reminders in Devonthink, it seems that alerts do not work anyway; but I can check in smart folders. Over the next days, I will do some more systematic checks. These alerts and reminders are of great assistance in a workflow and should work reliably.

All the best,
Maria

Now I did some simple tests, and it is not satisfying at all.

I created 3 text files and set the reminders for each to daily, starting on 28 March.

1. One was told to give me a notification with the “Name” tag and “Show notification” as static text, – notifications are set to on.
  2. One shall send me an email, two adresses that I use in my Mail account. – Devonthink has priviledges to use Mail.
  3. One shall put the document into my reading list. Nothing happens.

What is going on there?

Was DEVONthink running? Otherwise the reminders will be delayed until it’s launched again. In addition, notifications are only shown currently when the app is inactive in the background. We might change this in the future.

I am not sure whether Devonthink was running each day (sunday in particular), but from Monday until today anyway.

Devonthink had three times at least a chance to send me mails, give a notification, or put the file on the reading list.

The files are listed in the smart folder for overdue files (still on 28 March).

I thought so. But just a notification that disappears it not helpful at all; it should stay in the notification center in order to be reminded when the head is free to be reminded… – Still, if mails worked, that would be a good workaround.

A screenshot of the reminders would be useful.

Sorry,

here are the three versions:

Wann genau wurden denn die Reminder ursprünglich angelegt?

Das war am Sonntag nachmittag, ich hatte die Uhrzeit extra auf später gelegt, wie man aus dem Screenshot ersehen kann. Nur bei der Leseliste war ich irgendwie nachlässig.

Allerdings hatte ich auch Hoffnung, dass der Reminder, wenn er nicht am selben Tag getriggert wird, so doch am nächsten?

Ich hatte solche Probleme auch bei Remindern, die weiter in der Zukunft lagen. Da ich mir aber bei allem noch nicht sicher war, habe ich jetzt einmal die drei Dokumente angelegt.

In Japan ist es jetzt Zeit für Feierabend, ich sehe gerne morgen wieder ins Forum und danke für die schnellen Antworten!

Ich habe jetzt einmal ähnliche, tägliche Erinnerungen mit denselben Aktionen getestet, allerdings war der Zeitpunkt nicht am nächsten Tag, sondern am selben. Die Aktionen wurden sowohl dann ausgeführt, wenn DEVONthink zum Zeitpunkt der Fälligkeit lief, als auch wenn es erst danach gestartet wurde. Das Datum wurde jeweils korrekt auf den folgenden Tag dabei gesetzt.

Klappt bei Ihnen ein solcher Test auch? Danke!

Sind eventuell die Warnungen von Erinnerungen unter Einstellungen > Allgemein deaktiviert?

Sind eventuell die Warnungen von Erinnerungen unter Einstellungen > Allgemein deaktiviert?

Vielen Dank, hier hatte ich nicht angekreuzt, dass die Warnungen aktiviert werden sollen. Jetzt werde ich noch einmal die gleichen Tests starten und dann noch einmal berichten.

cgrunenberg
17h
Ich habe jetzt einmal ähnliche, tägliche Erinnerungen mit denselben Aktionen getestet, allerdings war der Zeitpunkt nicht am nächsten Tag, sondern am selben. Die Aktionen wurden sowohl dann ausgeführt, wenn DEVONthink zum Zeitpunkt der Fälligkeit lief, als auch wenn es erst danach gestartet wurde. Das Datum wurde jeweils korrekt auf den folgenden Tag dabei gesetzt.
Klappt bei Ihnen ein solcher Test auch? Danke!

Den Test werde ich jetzt mit angekreuzten Warnungen (Einstellungen - Allgemein) wiederholen. Vielen Dank!

WORKS, THANKS!

For anybody interested: Preferences - General: check Warnings to get them to work.

1 Like