Which version will you recommend me to buy?

Hello,

I don’t really know what to choose between the 2 versions : Classic / Pro.

The only thing I think I need from Pro is the in-app scanning (not even the OCR)…

But I find it hard to “motivate” myself to pay the extra 100€ to only be able to scan directly from DT. Especially when my usage will be to scan like 15/20 documents a month.

I plan to use DT to organize all of my home and personal documents. I already have most of them in pdf / png format (on Dropbox) and I do not really search them a lot. I know where everything is in my files so I can go directly there when I need something.

Can you guide me in the right direction ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you

Here in the US we can purchase the Classic version and then upgrade to Pro for the difference in price at a later time. That’s what I did.

If it’s available where you are, I suggest you start with the Classic version to determine whether it does all you need.

If you haven’t done it already you should test the trial version extensively. It comes with all features of the feature-richest version (DT Server) unlocked and blue stars in the menu indicate functions that are not included in the standard edition. Observe how you are normally using DT but also give some of these extra features a try—is scanning from DT really 100 € more convenient? Is e-mail archiving any useful for you? &c.

If you are then still undecided you should absolutely follow LewInVT’s advice: Go for the standard edition. If you find out later the pro or even the server version would have been more suitable for you then you can switch to that edition without paying any additional switching fee.

Just a note: it’s the Standard edition.

As we’ve said many times, the software isn’t a cost; it’s an investment.

And as @suavito pointed out, the trial has a generous time limit with all the features of the Server edition. Use that time to discover what you can and can’t live without and make your decision based on that.

Thank you for your comments.

I still got 11 days so I’ll do as you said - see what I use and what I don’t between Standard (sorry @BLUEFROG) and Pro.

As we’ve said many times, the software isn’t a cost; it’s an investment.

That’s true :+1: