Why am I suddenly blocked from accessing my DT3 app?!

I’ve been using my DT3 app everyday for months-years … and tonight I’m getting a msg saying I can’t access my folders! What’s going on? Thanks for any insights.
Michael Maser

What is the exact error message?

Exactly where (full path name) are the DEVONthink database stored on your Mac? By chance is this folder part of any syncing with any third-party internet services (Apple, Dropbox, Google, etc.)?

What folders?

I meant my d-base folder … I meant my d-bases. I am getting a msg to register. I enter Name, Org, and Lic# but then the msg is that there are “no seats left”.
I was using this happily through Friday, as I have since I purchase DTP in 2019. And I’m up to date.

Have you done any updates to your machine / operating system or just receieved it back from service?

My DT d-bases are stored on my laptop as they always have been in the Applications folder …
I am getting a msg to register. I enter Name, Org, and Lic# but then the msg is that there are “no more free seats for this license. Please removed the license form another device or purchase more seats. Then try again”.
I was using this happily through Friday, as I have since I purchased DTP in 2019. And the SW is up to date.

I was guessing what might be the cause of the problem since you did not give indications of the error you see. Now that you have explained the real error message, @BLUEFROG asked a couple more but more pertinent questions. A solution now is more likely.

I am using it on a new MB Air I purchased and started using in early Dec.

I will delete DT from my older laptop that came back from servicing 2 weeks ago. But when I checked, it seemed to be working fine, and I should have “2 seats available” per my account.

and I should have “2 seats available” per my account.

Yes, check your available seats. I have a suspicion the issue has come about from the serviced Mac taking more than one seat.

All good now! I went in to my account and saw that, indeed, the other laptop was hogging an extra “seat” … I deleted it and re-registered my newer laptop and everything has returned. Whew … thanks for your help. My goose would be cooked without DT!!

• michael maser
1 Like

As I suspected and you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

As I just replied to Jim:
All is good now! I went in to my account and saw that, indeed, the other laptop was hogging an extra “seat” … I deleted it and re-registered my newer laptop and everything has returned. Whew … thanks for your help.

• michael maser
1 Like