Why can't I delete anything?

I have a rogue winmail.dat attachment that was sent to DTTG from my iPad mail. I can’t delete it. I’ve read elsewhere on this forum about swiping or about the trash icon, but swiping does nothing and I can’t even see a trash icon.

How do I get rid of it?

Did you sync with DEVONthink or DEVONnote after the attachment was sent to DTTG?

Due to current limitations with our sync process, files cannot be deleted from DTTG once they have been synced with DEVONthink or DEVONnote (but we are working to fix this in the future).

Sorry, do you mean that if I create a note on DTTG and then sync it to DTPro, I can never delete it from the mobile app!? What kind of stupidity is that?

This is presumably why files and notes I added into the mobile app are still there, even though they have been synced with the desktop app and then moved to different folders. And I have now notice that some of these are marked empty. The text in them has disappeared. So not only do I have files that I cannot delete, I have empty files which I cannot delete.

I have to agree with other posters that DTTG is not fit for purpose. You really need to fix this app, and quickly.

No, that’s not the case.

I just checked, and my DTTG matches the Sync folder in my DTP database exactly. If I delete or un-sync files in DTP, they disappear from DTTG at the next sync.

You may have rogue files that aren’t behaving correctly, but that’s not the behavior I’ve observed.

Katherine

You’re both right, yes you can delete files that have been synced but once synced you can’t then use DTTG to delete the file. That can only be done on the desktop. Or at least that is how it wrks for me and yes I agree with the OP that this is a huge limitation of DTTG and needs fixing.

It shouldn’t matter where I do my edits or corrections or deletions I then want the changes to be properly synced to both devices seamlessly.