Why do I have so many tags visible?

Hey, I’m not sure if this is the right space or not, but I recently noticed something strange in Devonthink and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I perhaps accidentally changed an app setting or something. I recently noticed I have a whole lot of tags, and it seems as though they are available across databases.

I’ve recently noticed an abundance of tags being visible in my database, and in general. This would be slightly less annoying if I
didn’t have so many similar tags across and within my databases,

How do I fix this, either by merging those similar tags, or simply getting rid of the excess tags since I never remember all of them being visible as I attempt to navigate my databases the way they are now.

Ooooo, almost forgot, I’m rocking the latest Devonthink 3 beta and am using a Macbook Air, if that matters

I don’t know if this is the reason this has happened to you, but I am a big user of RSS feeds and I realized that these feeds auto-assign tags. It became a big issue in slowing down my use of both DT2 and DT3 until I added a DT3 Smart Rule to remove tags from all RSS feeds; that changed performance of the software for me immensely.

Check your settings in DEVONthink 3 > Preferences > Import > Tags. See Help for more information.

I’m pretty sure I turned that feature off with the quickness since most of the dress redesigned tags or categories didn’t really jive with how I had all of my stuff organized. I’m pretty sure these are tags that I’ve created, and now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure that I’m seeing the extra tags in Finder as well. Is this normal?

Yes, by default tags of indexed items are exported to the Finder. There’s a hidden preference to disable this.

Ah, thanks a million, I guess I just must not have noticed it until I decided to add my larger databases into the mix, at which point it became obnoxious.