Why not post planned feature list?

Perhaps the discussion here would be more informed and less redundant if the developers would post an updated list of (major) planned features/fixes for DT 1.9.x and 2.0 and DTpro 1.9.x and 2.0 (and perhaps also what features have been decided against and definitely are not coming). Much of this has been revealed piecewise in these forums, but most posters, myself included, aren’t likely to do a ton of searches on the archives to piece together a sense of what’s coming. As far as I can tell, there’s no cumulative list available. This would save a lot of redundant posts, and may also help to jog people’s imaginations and churn up some good ideas they wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. It might also spur some otherwise hesitant potential DT customers to go ahead and take the plunge and buy DT if they could see some of the features coming down the pike. Certainly the developers themselves already have such a list, so posting it shouldn’t be too much hassle. Whadayathink?

I agree wholeheartedly. Only yesterday I looked around for just the sort of feature list you’re requesting. Didn’t find it, so did a time-consuming search on the database features of “Pro.” I found what I needed, but at the cost of lots of time that I could have used more productively.

Perhaps a pinned subject on one of the forums? Personally, I wouldn’t hold the developers to delivering everything on the list, especially if it were updated regularly.

However, I can understand if the developers are reluctant because of 1) the hassle of making and maintaining such a document, and even more time consuming, 2) the flurry of emails griping about this feature or that and the expectation from the posters that they be answered.

All these ‘cons’ being noted, I still think a feature list would be a positive addition. In the long run it would save everybody a lot of time and hassle.

What do you think?

Mike