WiFi Sync not working

Starting over with DT and indexing. Reinstalled DTTG on both devices. My iPhone synced over WiFi fine but, when going to sync my iPad, my network is not showing. After syncing my iPhone, the network has also disappeared there. How do I create a new sync with my home network? Is Bonjour supposed to be turned on with my devices?

Does the network show up after restarting the apps and/or devices?

No, it doesn’t. All I see in Locations is CloudMe, Dropbox, iCloud, WebDAV and my NAS.

And restarting the router? Does this make a difference?

Just found that’ after reinstalling DT, Incoming Connections was not enabled in Bonjour Options. Seems like it’s working now. Thanks.

While I have you…I’ve always thought DT on my Mac has to be the active frontmost app for DTTG on my device to sync. Is that so?

In case of a Bonjour sync that’s necessary, in all other cases (e.g. Dropbox) not.

Ok. As I asked that, it seems as though it did it’s sync even though I brought another Finder window forward.

Sorry, didn’t notice the word “frontmost”. That’s not necessary, DEVONthink only has to be running on both sides of the Bonjour sync.

Gotcha. I’m trying to figure out how to go with all indexing and as little importing into DT database as necessary. I like keeping the File Structure on my Mac Finder as the main go-to. Syncing indexed files to iOS, unfortunately, requires downloading to view them on the device.

Syncing indexed files to iOS, unfortunately, requires downloading to view them on the device.

Correct. DEVONthink To Go does not support indexed files.

Unfortunately, with doing a direct sync over a home network, downloading cannot be done away from home.

Yes, that is correct.