Wiki functionality: Backlinks

A little belated in this thread perhaps, but I’d like to add my vote for more robust internal link navigation and handling. At least a way to search for internally linked docs and back linking. By the way, I LOVE Devonthink Pro Office. I wish I had looked more closely at it years ago!

Regards,
Charles Lane

2 Likes

+1 here. Cheers

+1 for this suggestion; would be much appreciated!

+1

A terrific idea.

Up-voting this one. I see there hasn’t been much activity on this thread, but I would love to use this feature.

I would like to add my voice to the list of users clamoring for backlinks in DEVONthink. I recently migrated to DEVONthink from Journler, and I am sorely missing Journler’s backlinks (I also mentioned backlinks in my comment in the thread “How DT Could Replace $10,000 software”).

1 Like

+1 here for backlinks.

If there is a thread for easier filing away request, can someone show me where it is. I would so appreciate that feature.

+1 for backlinks, also on iOS (along with regular wiki links)

+1 for backlinks.

Please add this crucial feature.

1 Like

+1

Another upvote.

+1

+1

Given how easy it is to use wikilinks with backlinks in e.g. RoamResearch, I hope the Devonthink team takes this feature request seriously!

2 Likes

+1

Count me in as well: + 1 for backlinks, on Mac and iOS

1 Like

You’ll see that this has been a feature request since 2011. Hopefully this request is starting to generate enough user interest that devs will include that functionality. So, yeah, +1. While Roam slickly integrates backlink functionality, and even suggests other possible candidates as backlinks, it is entirely cloud based and a pale comparison to the full functionality of DT.

It is doable with Applescript.

It won’t anything like in Roam, but good enough.

+1 for built-in automatic backlink listing - I’m afraid I tried the ‘manual’ AppleScript solution, and wasn’t able to make it work. :frowning:

It would be wonderful to go beyond simple ‘backlink listing’, and actually have DT actively suggest possible connections between items/notes. The approach here could be something similar to the way DT suggests archiving and tags: if there are ‘similar’ notes that all link to a certain item, then DT could suggest that item as a possible link, too. That would be extremely helpful in finding relationships between notes, when using DT in knowledge-management and research methodologies, like as a Zettelkasten.

The latest Zettelkasten-focused software already offers this functionality in some form - like Obsidian, and Roam Research.

5 Likes