WikiLinks and Multiple Databases

Hi everyone!

I recently began using DEVONthink Pro 3.0 (graduate student) and have really enjoyed the experience so far. I recently began reading and working my way through Kourosh Dini’s book Taking Smarter Notes in DEVONthink as I feel (or maybe I should say know) that I am not using the full abilities the program has to offer. This has led me to a question about WikiLinks. Is it possible to use WikiLinks to link to pages in different databases?

In my scenario, I have quite a few databases already setup that are relevant to my work such as databases for research papers, my own notes, blog posts, etc. Working through the slip box method from the book has revealed that it only seems possible to use WikiLinks within one database.

If this is the case, would my best bet be to consolidate these works to a single database and separate these categories into groups instead?

Any advice is appreciated!

Short answer: no.

Slightly longer answer: one technique you could use is creating a main page for each database. In the main page, you would have x-devonthink-item:// links to the main page of other databases. From the main pages, you could navigate to the other pages using wiki links.

This, of course, does not solve the issue of using wiki links for itens in other databases, which will remain impossible.