Wild cards?

I haven’t used DA much yet but I would have sworn when I was reading up on it that it allowed some sort of wild card characters in case you didn’t know the full word. For example, someone told me about a product that began with the word neuro but I can’t remember the rest of the word. It was an audio recorder and mp3 player. I wanted to search for it using something like neuro(wild card) audio recorder mp3. I tried it without any wild card characters and got no useful results. Are there wild card characters in DA and, if so, where can I find out how they are used?

Thanks,
ChemBob

No, there aren’t, because no search engine today supports them, neither Google nor any other. Alternatively, you could group some variations with OR and put them into parentheses.

Best,

Eric.

That’s surprising; I had never noticed that. I wonder why none of them use wild card characters? Thanks for the info, I’ll use the OR approach then.

ChemBob

We have no idea. Maybe it would put too heavy load on their servers/indexes or they think that nobody out there is intellectually capable of using them :unamused:

As soon as they do we’ll also support wildcards.

Best,

Eric.