Wildcard * not working in EasyFind 3.8.1

I just downloaded EasyFind and I think it’s a great program. But for some reason, the wildcard * isn’t working for me. For instance, I do a search on “phil” (without the quotes), with the default parameters set (Files & Folders, All Words, Case Insensitive), and find 1746 files, most with ‘phil’ at the beginning of the file name. But when I do the same search on “phil*” (again without the quotes), I find nothing. Am I missing something here, or is this a bug? I’m using Tiger 10.4.3 on a G4.

Did you change the options from “All words” to wildcards?

Whoops… no, I didn’t. Silly me. Sorry. However, while I should have noticed this button, the ReadMe file may be a little misleading on this point. Here’s all that is stated there:

“Find files with all keywords (“All Words”), with at least one keyword (“Any Word”) or find exact phrases (“Phrase”), use wildcards (including prefixes and suffixes) or operators.”

If I have an excuse, it is that this sentence does not read as follows:

“Find files with all keywords (“All Words”), with at least one keyword (“Any Word”) or find exact phrases (“Phrase”), use wildcards (“Wildcards”) (including prefixes and suffixes) or operators.”

Perhaps this would help to make it clearer (to those of us that assume too much and read too literally) that the Wildcards option is on a par with the others, rather than someting that can be used with the other options.

I will modify the ReadMe :wink: