Will I be throwing money?

Hi there,

I was about to buy DTTG on the App Store but saw a 2.0 is on the kitchen, I was worried then to blow 15$ buying now DTTG and seeing a new version come out as another app and having to pay againg!!

So, will DTTG2 be a normal update to the current app, or will it be a new app with a new price?

Thanks,
marc

See the original posting here.

Thanks for the Quick Reply!! :smiley:

Glad to hear that.

I bought DTTG on whim, thinking it must be punched up since last time I looked.
Frankly, I can’t see a strong use for it (for me) in its current incarnation, sad to say.

Have a rudimentary horse-racing db in progress, but I’m not so convinced I can make it work from DTTG, though it is a little early to tell if I can develop a usable workflow.

That’s good information.

Just realized after talking with Apple Support that the maximum messages/emails per folder on a iOS device is 150!

It used to be unlimited and could be set to max 500.

I used to have some 12.000 emails in total in iCloud and synced to my computer. All of them were accessible on my computer off course but to be able to bring them with me on my iPhone/iPad i had to divide them in to folders with max 150 emails each.

To search for text in a specific email took forever as well and seems to depend of the internet speed Verizon provided.

Even if the present version of DTTG is not perfect I am very happy that I can carry ALL of my emails with me on my iOS devices with no limits per folder. And to be able to search within all 12.000 emails in seconds.

When the new DTTG 2.0 arrives I think Devonthink has a perfect system.

I wouldn’t bother. I purchased DTTG some years ago, and I haven’t found it all useful. I tried to use it a few times, but to no avail. They’ve been promising version 2 for a very long time, I’d wait until it actually comes out (if it ever does). I don’t think you’re missing anything with the current version.

Declan

Hi. Could you be more specific?

I’ve found it to be a perfect fit for my workflow and use it every day. I wonder if there are certain workflows that it is not well-suited for, and perhaps they can address some of those issues in version 2. I don’t think they have been promising version 2 for a long time. I think there was a promise a couple years ago (?) that it would be ready by a certain date (I seem to remember that being the case), but for a long while they have simply said they are working on it. This is probably the safest policy, because advertising release dates can force you to churn out substandard versions and updates.

I would also like to see it updated, because I think the interface could use a lot of improvements (not being able to see the complete titles of files is a particularly big problem for me), but I’d prefer they get it right than have to mess around with something that will ruin my workflow, so I don’t mind waiting too much. Anyhow, users won’t have to pay again for version 2, so there isn’t much to lose in giving it a try.