window sizes

Window sizing is a regular source of frustration when I use DTPO. At the moment I have set up a RTF template that I need to be at a certain size to accommodate some ruler settings. It’s a large window, far larger than I want for normal note viewing, but I can’t set this template window size independently of other windows. I hoped that inserting a “window bounds” script into the template might automatically resize the window independently of other notes, but no. And if I use a script to resize the window made from the template, every other window follows suit …

• Ideally, I’d hope that window sizes can some day be set individually, so that any adjustment away from the default is remembered the next time the document is opened;
  • If not, it would be handy if templates made docs with independent window sizings;
  • If not, it would be handy if resizing one window didn’t automatically establish the default for all other windows.

And then there is the anomaly of PDF windows. I find the default too small, but if I resize the window to my preference, it’s not remembered by the next PDF, which again opens too small …