Word of warning

New Database > Index files and Folders

Having clicked on both, whilst waiting for circa 139,000 files to index, I thought I’d tidy some of them up, move them around, label, create some smart folders. etc.

Big mistake. DT3 crashed, Open database, no content. All my tinkering whilst waiting gone. Start over, taking ages.

What are you doing that would require indexing 139,000 files?

I thought I’d tidy some of them up, move them around, label, create some smart folders. etc.

Are you referring to making changes in the Finder while DEVONthink is indexing the same content ?

Yes sort of. Not in Finder though, I was making changes in DT 3, adding labels, and moving files into folders.

So the indexing, I.e., getting the files in, was finished but another activity like scanning for item links was running?

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Ok but not right away as I am too busy to stop. Also, the indexing is almost finished so I don’t want to risk any use of DT3 until it has

have done just now, thanks.

Thank you! According to the logs you’re still using version 3.7 instead of the latest version 3.7.2.

Noted, just updated.
If I’d had v3.7.2 when indexing and changing things as it was indexing then would that have made a difference?

Hard to tell. But it’s always recommended to use the latest version.