Workday workflows

I’m intrigued by the potential of the Workday automator workflows provided in DTPro (“Start Workday” “Clean Today’s To Do” and “End Workday”), but I’m having some trouble getting them to work for me. After correcting for the fixed file structures (a limitation of Automator, I presume), I still get… nothing.

The “Clean” workflow gets stuck on step 2, because apparently “Get Specified Records” can’t work with a group input. I’ve tried to fix it by replacing that step with “Set Current Group” and “Get Group Contents.” The workflow runs, but it doesn’t actually do anything.

I like the idea of a script which replicates all the stuff I’m working on in one group, but I can’t figure out how to get these workday workflows to do anything. Is anyone using them successfully? Has anyone modified them in a useful way?

Can you explain your problem with “Get Specified Records” and group records in more detail? You can drop them in and if you add “Get Group Contents” it will get all the records inside that group besides the group record. This does work in version 1.0.1.

What do you want it to do exactly?