Wrong ocr information

Hi,

I am trying to find a document by typing one word from the footer. On my Mac the document is found immediately but I cannot find it within DTTG. I found out, that DTTG has added a space character to every letter. How is this possible - does DTTG has his own OCR information ?

regards
Andreas

that DTTG has added a space character to every letter. How is this possible - does DTTG has his own OCR information ?

No, it’s not possible and no DEVONthink To Go doesn’t have its own OCR information.

The likely answer is the OCR layer in the document is broken into individual characters (which can be proven by using Data > Convert > to Plain Text on the file).

DEVONthink will treat that just as it does abbreviations, like U.S.A, and white space.
DEVONthink To Go isn’t using the same underlying search technology, so it’s likely just looking for a stricter match.

Fronm DEVONthink’s Help > Documentation > Appendix > Search Operators

Thanx Jim,

I didn’t know that but actually I don’t think it fits the problem.
To be clear, it doesn’t seem to be a matter of search criteria handling but of different ocr information.

This is what I figured out:

• If I copy paste a text passage (or convert the document) on my Mac the text is “Gesellschaft”
  • If I copy paste the same text passage from DTTG it says “G e s e l l s c h a f t”.

Of course this could lead to different problems when searching but that’s not my point. The text layer information (when copied) should be similar or did I miss something ?

Andreas

Yes, the text layer should be the same. The only difference I can think of is we use two different PDF frameworks, one for iOS and one for macOS.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket. Compress the file you’re referring to and attach it to the ticket so we can inspect it and see if it’s reproducible here. Thanks.