X.com app and wsj app pdfs disappear when I use share

Here is the situation: When I use DTTG v2.84 (17451) to capture a x.com app, wall street journal app or a safari app article/item/webpage via the iPhone 13 iOS v17.5.1’s share sequence(s)* I get “Temporary Document. This document cannot be displayed”.

additionally: I’m using iCloud (CloudKit) as a sync between iPhone and MacBook.

Then the document disappears from the Global Inbox folder. And I can’t find it. Either on the iPhone or the MacBook

Anybody know where these PDFs are ending up?

share sequences:

x.com = Share Post > Share via… > Devonthink icon > Clip to DEVONthink* > Select PDF > i get “Temporary Document. This document cannot be displayed”.

∞ wsj app = Share Post > Share via… > Devonthink icon > Clip to DEVONthink* > Select PDF > i get “Temporary Document. This document cannot be displayed”.

Why are you trying to capture a PDF? It is very likely not going to produce anything useful.

There is an odd behavior that may be related and I’m filing an issue on it. However, I can’t say it will address your specific issue.

I’ll bet it’s a restriction on the source end.

1 Like

I require a offline version that can be read with no wifi/cellular connection. So it meets my #1 critera. Is their another version that can be viewed without internet access?

Yes, having a documents show up, be labeled temporary and then disappear is an odd behavior.

Thanks for filling an issue on it. Here is another update.

Just as I am looking at the app on the iPhone while filling out this message to you, some hours later, all aforementioned docs* (in PDF form) populated into the global inbox intact.

• a few even from a couple of days ago, that previously did not show a few hours ago when I was test the app to make this inquiry.