After setting one of my databases to sync on demand (via Dropbox and only with DTTG), I have 72 items that I cannot access or download. Either on the Mac or the iPad. Verify and Repair database doesn’t help.
Any idea on how to proceed?
Post-note: All the non-accessible items were created/imported in DT3, before I setup the sync.
Re: indexed. No, they were imported to the database.
Re: missing. The general view says the file is there, but like a “placeholder”… the “real” file cannot be downloaded (I suppose it’s in the Dropbox .dtCloud file, but I cannot access it).
According to the dates on the screenshot it might be possible that you migrated the sync store after adding these files. Did you create the sync store on the Mac or on iOS? Is anything logged to Windows > Log? And is a verification of the sync store successful?
It’s hard to tell now whether this issue was caused by (an incomplete) migration. A warning should have been shown/logged in case of incomplete uploads at least. But you could try to use a second user account on the Mac, import the database from the sync store and check whether the files are there. If not then one option is to restore a backup (e.g. from Time Machine), in case of web content you could also download the items again (e.g. via Scripts > Download)
Hi - one more observation adding to this and a workaround if just a small number of files is affected - I regularly (but rarely) encounter the issue that a pdf added to DTTG on my ipad is not available on the Mac (just the database entry, but not the file itself). I created a smart group (or was it there by default?) searching for entries “Objekt ist ausstehend” - should be “object is pending” in English. From time to time I check this group, identify pending files, go to DTTG, do a small edit in each of the pdfs on the ipad - and synching is immediately working. Doable for a small number of files. My synch works via NAS in my network at home, so maybe sync chokes under certain circumstances and needs a little nudge to start over.
This has been with me for a while - always using latest version of DTTG, update to iOS 13 just done last week, so issues observed were under 12.x (always latest version). On my Mac it has been with me with DTPro 2.x and I recently found a couple ones in DT3, just updated to 3.5 last night - still running MacOS 10.14 - always latest version.
Sync is done via WebDav on Synology, recent model, latest OS versions. I sometimes connect to Synology via VPN on my DSL router to sync from remote locations (might be a factor, but not sure, usually seems to work well - with hiccups from time to time on DTTG side).
I usually add pdfs in iOS from Safari via “copy to DevonThink”.
It seems to me that the actual file is not available in sync store as manual download from Mac doesn’t work. So it seems that in some cases (I cannot specifiy) the actual file is not transferred from iPad to sync store, while the DB record is. This can be fixed (workaround that reliably works for me) by editing the pdf on iPad (e.g highlighting the title, removing the highlight after successful sync). Hope this helps, does sound like one of the things that are very difficult to pin down.