YouTube links and "Insert Back Link" not working

Hi,
I have YouTube links in DT which I want to have markers / bookmarks for. When I select the “Insert Back Link” option playing the Youtube Video, only the link to the video without the current time is added to the Annotation. See CleanShot 2022-04-04 at 07.45.31 · CleanShot Cloud

Is there a way I have have these capture the current play time annotation like when playing a mp4 directly in DT?

Thanks,
Sanjiv

I can right click on the YT video and copy link to current time to clipboard but when I paste it to Annotation, the link gets pasted as a text, not a hyperlink.

Ideally the YT “Insert Back Link” should appear like the same format of mp4

Maybe by using AppleScript and/or JavaScript but DEVONthink doesn’t include any YouTube support.

Given a URL, how do I enter it as markup in the Annotation textarea? I tried the markup syntax but it gets entered as plain text.

E.g. create a Markdown annotation via the pop-up menu first.

I’m getting the format to show like this where the text is not hyperlinked but rather the URL appears beside it.

However when the Insert Back Link for a mp4 is created, the time value itself gets hyperlinked.

How do I change the view of the Annotation in the Annotations & Reminders pane to have the Annotations in Preview mode?

This seems to be a rich text annotation.

Only by opening the annotation in its own window.

Thanks. Is there an option to create a Rich Text Annotation from the Annotations & Reminders pane? Or does it have to be created as a separate document and linked to the video?

Trying to figure out how DT is doing this when “Insert Back Link” option is selected.

Simply entering an annotation creates a rich text annotation.

Understood, but the Annotation textarea in Annotations & Reminders doesn’t allow formatting and hyperlinks via context menu they way that separate Annotation document editor has. Is there a syntax for typing in rich text annotation to produce text that are hyperlinked?

Is there a syntax for typing in rich text annotation to produce text that are hyperlinked?

No.
If the link is on the clipboard you should be able to paste it though.

Unfortunately pasting a link from clipboard still pastes it only as plaintext, not hyperlink. I think I have enough information about the working and features of DT in this area do decide how best to proceed.

Thanks

In an RTF file, pasting a link should yield a normal hyperlink.
This is an item link pasted into a default annotation file…

Ah, I can right click on the YT video, copy link to current time and then set a shortcut to paste the link as a right text hyperlink by converting the clipboard to a rich text hyperlink using KeyBoard Maestro. Will give it a try.

then set a shortcut to paste the link as a right text hyperlink by converting the clipboard to a rich text hyperlink using KeyBoard Maestro.

I’m not sure why you’d have to do these things. I just copied the link and pasted into the annotation file.

Here I have copied the URL at the current playback time and just pasted into the annotation file…

I’m not seeing this behavior. See CleanShot 2022-04-05 at 00.35.40 · CleanShot Cloud

How did you copy the URL/link?

It’s illustrated in the video where I right click on the YouTube video and select copy link with current time.