1Password

Hey DA people :slight_smile:

I’m currently trying out the 1Password trial, and I really like it. I see that they used to support DevonAgent as a browser with an undocumented “feature” in Snow Leopard, but have since discontinued it because of the way that this is implemented. On their site, they write that they will actively support browsers which make that sort of option available.

I’m wondering if there’s any way that you guys can talk to them and implement support for it somehow? It would be very useful as I tend to use DA a lot for research and having my passwords accessible very easily for sites with logins would be most excellent.

Thanks for taking the time to read,

Nat. :slight_smile:

Maybe this was answered a while ago…

That’s kind of a shame. Thanks for the link. I didn’t see it in search for some reason.

Are there any extensions supported by DA? I was under the impression that since it’s built on webkit/safari (from what I can see), it would at least support safari extensions?

Yes, but it’s work that Agile would have to do.

Their site states that it’s work that browsers have to do. :slight_smile:

So what’s the solution here? :slight_smile:

bump. I’m interested in this. I would be also interested in learning more about adding more functionality to the DA browser. It is good for what it does, which is getting data quickly into DT. I seem to be using it more and more these days and only infrequently going into chrome.

+1 for finding a way to use 1Password with DA.

I like the DA browseer but the more I use it, the more I miss immediate access to my logons for other sites.

I use 1 password with DA Pro 3.1.2 and it works well. it is missing functioins found on the other major browsers such as ability to copy a pw or ID.

but it also has a keyboard shortcut to bring it up. which other browsers don’t have

How do you use it exactly? And what key function? :slight_smile:

whenever I want to search for a site I pull up 1PW via

⌥ ⌘ \

then type the one I want - press enter and I am broght to the page and logged in -

actually I use 1password more like a database/bookmarks utility

In the edit menu you will see the keyboard shortcuts ~ or you could assign your own short cuts via sys. prefs.

I’m not sure I understand. I typed that key combo in DA and I didn’t get anything, nor did I see it in edit menu.

um…? I don’t know ~ have you upgraded to latest versions of 1pW and DAPro?

did you install all of the plugins for 1PW?

if you go to preferences in 1password there is a little box in the “browsers” option that says “enable additional browser extensions”

is that box checked?

I think that box must be checked.

click the box then click install extensions ~ try restarting both 1pw and dapro

did it work?

Yes I have and I see it now in the preferences for the key combo. That definitely cleared it up. :slight_smile:

I notice that DA has to be the default for that to work, however, and currently Chrome is my default browser. One think that drives me nuts about DA is that I can’t click/drag tabs around, unfortunately, which means it becomes a little messy for me. Overall, there are some features to Chrome which I really have become used to in my work routine. But with the way that Google is going, I would actually like to replace it in the near future. The problem is that DA isn’t on that UI level yet for what I need to do every day.

Thank you for clearing that up, however. :slight_smile:

yea I also wish I could drag tabs around!

cool it works now!

Yeah, that and a few other things which are standard in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (and even Opera) are things which I’m honestly waiting for in DA. I still use DA all the time for searches, however. I just don’t use it as my main browser at the moment.

All in all, I’m a Devon Technologies fan and recommend it to everyone. I have DT, DA, and the new DevonSphere Express, and I couldn’t be happier with my purchases. :slight_smile:

You all are making me wonder whether there is a way to have LaunchBar send info from 1P to DA. I’ll see over the w/e and report if success.

Where?

(This is 1P 3.8.17 (build 31272) - most recent available today)

a few weeks ago I was having a bug appear when I used 1 password with chrome browser.

i contacted support for 1password and they asked me to download the beta version of 1password located on the right side next to the full versions.

so i downloaded the beta version and it was working well with chrome. since then I have also had a few automatic updates.

so maybe the beta versions could be a reason you don’t have the check box?